Wuhan man becomes fourth coronavirus victim in M’sia

CORONAVIRUS | A 40-year-old man from Wuhan, China has been confirmed as the fourth novel coronavirus victim in the country.

Health Ministry director-general Noor Hisham Abdullah said the man had arrived in Johor Bahru on Wednesday aboard a bus from Singapore together with 17 other Chinese nationals including his wife and child.

The man began showing symptoms on Thursday and sought treatment at a private hospital the next day before being referred to the Sultanah Aminah Hospital in Johor Bahru.

His lab tests returned positive earlier this evening.

Noor Hisham said authorities are tracking down the 17 others who travelled with him.

This morning, the government confirmed that three other China nationals in Johor had tested positive for the Wuhan virus.

Meanwhile, a police report has been lodged after a toddler who was suspected to have contracted the virus was taken out of a private hospital by the child’s parents.

RELATED REPORTS:

Health Ministry mulls over possibility of restricting Chinese arrivals

Minister to state health excos: ‘Refrain from commenting on new coronavirus’

Gov’t activates rapid response teams with detection of new coronavirus

China virus death toll rises to 41, more than 1,300 infected worldwide

Australia declares first confirmed case of coronavirus

New coronavirus outbreak: Here’s what we know so far


Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *